"Best student game" winner - Ping Awards 2018
A swashbuckling adventure!
En Garde! is a swashbuckling action-adventure game set in 17th century's Spain. Play as Adalia de Volador, a noble & impetuous swordswoman! Your palace has been seized by a mysterious mastermind and his hoard of guards - you will have to defend your family's honor!
Fight with your rapier and acrobatic moves against numerous opponents, and use the environment to your advantage in an intuitive way (every object is interactive, from tables to chandeliers!). You can even use your sense of repartee to taunt your opponents. Combat is a spectacle and should be done with panache!
This En Garde! prototype features story-driven action in an open level (the Volador's Palace) for a total play time of about 30 minutes.
En Garde! was made as a student graduation project by a team of 8 students from Supinfogame Rubika (France). The game is powered by Unreal Engine 4.
- Adrien Poncet - Game director, producer & sound designer
- Valentin Capitaine - Game designer & AI designer
- Corentin Mangé - Level designer & level builder
- Sylvain Schmück - Gameplay programmer & 3C designer
- Pierre Chapelet - Gameplay & AI programmer
- Tim Guthmann - Animator, technical artist & level artist
- Anaïs Simonnet - Character artist & level artist
- Julien Fenoglio - Art director, concept artist & level artist
- Ludwig Wu - Music composer (from MAAAV Lyon 2)
Special thanks to Ilse Zamarripa, Jordan Jaminet, Valentin Picard, Maxime Conquy, Thibaut Moitel, Loup Druet, Guillaume Faguet and everyone who helped us with the game!
/!\ Please note that you need a good PC to run En Garde!. The current version might be poorly optimized for your PC, or there might be some bugs. We are sorry for any inconvenience you may encounter. /!\
The game plays better with a Xbox gamepad. Gamepad Controls are explained and displayed in-game. However, if you don't own a gamepad and would like to play with your mouse and keyboard, here are the controls you need to know:
- WASD/ZQSD - Move
- Left mouse button - Attack
- Right mouse button - Parry
- Space - Dodge
- F - Kick
- R - Repartee
- Hold Shift - Sprint/Freerun
- E - En garde (manual lock)
- Esc - Pause game